Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Level: Experienced
- Job Location: Bartow Division – Companies Headquarters – Bartow, FL
- Education Level: 2 Year Degree
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000 Salary/Year
- Job Shift: Day
- Job Category: Construction
As a Recruiter your role is to focus on hiring, employee on-boarding, maintain personnel files, knowledge of HR laws and regulations, and assist with developing and planning for employ growth and retainage.
- Ability to learn and manage HCM (currently Paycom)
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiter’s, media, and internet sites; providing Organization information, opportunities, and benefits: making presentations: maintaining reports.
- Coordinate phone and in-person interviews and schedule.
- Devises programs for operational improvement (i.e., recognition, morale, safety).
- Follow up with interviewed candidates when position applied for has been filled.
- Maintains files (i.e., Associates, I-9, Safety, Training, 300 Log, DOT Drivers).
- Make recommendations to Management on employment policies and practices.
- Motivated to continue educate oneself and stay informed with laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Performs recruiting & hiring functions (i.e. Events, interviews, selection, offers)
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility.
- Process paperwork (i.e., New Hire, Status Change, LOA, Termination/ COBRA).
- Reach out to candidates to ensure their applications are filled out as required.
- Works with management to identify the staffing needs of the company.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Business, Human Resources, Customer Services, or related field.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and training manuals (as needed).
- Ability to understand and continue to educate yourself on HR laws and regulations.
- Broad understanding of sourcing and recruiting techniques.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and facilitation skills.
- Prior experience/ familiarity with workday preferred.
- Proficient on computer using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- SHRM Certified or interest to get certified.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to both find opportunities and execute on those ideas to deliver efficiencies to the company.
- Ability to travel to various sites and branches as the business demands is required.
- Ability to work independently and proactively anticipate the needs of the business.
- Above average Communication Skills, required. Communicating clearly via phone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person.
- Excellent Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills. Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Developing goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Experience with Paycom software, is a plus.
- Follow-up and Persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence- developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Knowledge of HR concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Must be able to demonstrate recruitment networking and creative sourcing skills.
- Must be an Active Learner – understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Self-Control- maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding passive-aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Self-Motivation and Initiative- willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, by one’s own initiative – not only when asked.
- Social Orientation- job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service orientation and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and follow-through skills
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid Training Programs – New Employees are paid for all classroom training and on-site training. Additional paid training programs are available to employees who have displayed enthusiasm, professionalism, and a positive, winning attitude.
- Paid Travel Time – If travel is necessary, you will receive pay for travel, daily per diem and paid hotel room.
- Health Insurance – New hires are eligible for benefits after 90 introduction period. Health Insurance is available at a shared cost. Dental, vision, critical and accidental insurance will be available.
- Paid Holidays – New hires will be eligible for holidays after their 90-day introduction period.
- Paid Vacation – New hires will be eligible for paid vacation after completing one year of employment.
- Retirement Planning 401(K) – Company matches up to 5%. A retirement planner is available to all employees.
How To Earn a Better Career Opportunity, Competitive Pay, More Hours
and Excellent Benefits...
Servicing Florida's Theme Parks, Construction, Industrial and Municipal Cleaning Needs Since 1982.
Daily servicing our local customers in Bartow, Davenport, Lakeland, Orlando and Tampa. With capabilities of servicing anywhere in the United States.
1420 Chamber Dr.
Bartow, FL 33830
1925 US Highway 17 92 N.
Davenport, FL 33837