Auto, Diesel & Heavy Mechanic
- Level: Experienced
- Job Location: Davenport Division – Davenport, FL
- Position Type: Full time
- Salary Range: $20.00 – $30.00 Hourly
- Travel Percentage: Negligible
- Job Category: Construction
As a Mechanic you are responsible for inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately. Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade. Conducting routine preventative maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
This position should be a person who has the total knowledge of most repairs, maintenance, and overhaul of equipment. This person is capable of working alone and with little or no supervision.
Orange Industrial operates 24/7 365 days a year service to our customers.
- Able to manage equipment files.
- Able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Able to weld and determine most effective repair.
- Able to work at field locations maintaining/repairing equipment.
- Always keep work area safe and clean.
- Build relationships with vendors.
- Communicate effectively with operations manager regarding schedules, repairs, availability, and other matters related to equipment.
- Complete inspection and repair of all special equipment.
- Completes differential, transmission, and driveline overhead.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machine and mechanical malfunctions and failures.
- Major electrical repair.
- Order necessary parts.
- Performs complete engine overhaul.
- Performs mentorship/training to lower-level mechanics.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Performs PM Inspections.
- Performs Post Trip Inspections.
- Repair and replacement of any bolt on item.
- Repairs and replaces tires, clutches, and brakes.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to move up to 50 Lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Able to work outdoors in physically demanding conditions including but not limited to noise, and heat.
- Communication (cell / landline).
- Complete job specific safety training.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrates cooperation with management and co-workers.
- Dependable availability.
- Flexible with working nights, weekends, holidays, and possible overtime.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Valid State of Florida drivers’ licenses required.
- 2 Years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
- High school education acceptable.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools for general equipment repair.
- Equipment systems experience a plus.
- Must have effective oral and written communications effective listening skills, and ability to interact with others.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication ideal.
- 2-4 years of diesel shop experience acceptable.
- 5 or more years of diesel shop experience preferred.
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid Training Programs – New Employees are paid for all classroom training and on-site training. Additional paid training programs are available to employees who have displayed enthusiasm, professionalism, and a positive, winning attitude.
- Paid Travel Time – If travel is necessary, you will receive pay for travel, daily per diem and paid hotel room.
- Health Insurance – New hires are eligible for benefits after 90 introduction period. Health Insurance is available at a shared cost. Dental, vision, critical and accidental insurance will be available.
- Paid Holidays – New hires will be eligible for holidays after their 90-day introduction period.
- Paid Vacation – New hires will be eligible for paid vacation after completing one year of employment.
- Retirement Planning 401(K) – Company matches up to 5%. A retirement planner is available to all employees.
How To Earn a Better Career Opportunity, Competitive Pay, More Hours
and Excellent Benefits...
Servicing Florida's Theme Parks, Construction, Industrial and Municipal Cleaning Needs Since 1982.
Daily servicing our local customers in Bartow, Davenport, Lakeland, Orlando and Tampa. With capabilities of servicing anywhere in the United States.